Everybody has fears, pretty little fears that usually are also a little irrational. Here’s my current list.
- Home invasion. Pretty self-explanatory. Happens apparently almost never, but I’ve seen too many episodes of ‘Lock Up’ to not be afraid.
- Driving on a high bridge and having an accident that catapults the car with me inside it off the bridge.
- Driving on the freeway and there’s a malfunction and the driver’s side airbag explodes into my face.
- Getting beaten to death on the street or in a bar by people looking for trouble and who ignore any attempts at deescalating the situation.
- Having a sink hole open beneath my feet. That’s a new one. Fuck. Or having your house slide down the hill. With you in it. Into a sink hole.
So these are the major ones right now and some of them have been with me for some time. I also used to have one where I’d eat a Döner Kebab and bite on a razor blade hidden inside of it. But that one is retired.
I’m sure this list will expand as the years go by.